The lightweight convertible car seat for air travel is an essential requirement for any parent to help protect their babies, kids and toddlers from being injured in a car accident.
Any parent will ensure they get the best car seat to take on a plane that will guarantee them their kids’ safety.
The car seats are not just recommended but are mandated by the law. However, there are different types of convertible car seat for travel in the market that has made it difficult for parents to choose the best carseat for airplane travel.
Buying Guide For The Best Lightweight Convertible Car Seat For Air Travel
With the brands of the lightweight convertible car seat for air travel increasing in the market, it is difficult for parents to determine the best convertible car seat for airplane that will suit their kids.
Below are some of the things every parent should always look for whenever they are shopping for the best convertible car seat for air travel.
Safety is considered to be the most important factor whenever you are buying the lightweight convertible car seat for air travel. It is important that the best carseat for flying is certified by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
It is important that you look for the rear facing car seat that will enable your kid to be in that possition for long. The rear facing car seat are known to be the best for your kid.
You need to look for the best car seat for airplane that you can always adjust to your childs weight. The best car seat for airline travel should have a center pull adjustment that will give you strap and you can always tighten with your one hand. Get one that has an adjustable head support.
The car baby seats are designed to be secure in a stroller or a car for maximum safety. However, its durability will only be tested in the real world in case of an accident. That is why getting a crash tested and NHTSA certified car seat is important.
Any parent needs a versatile and sturdy airplane car seat that they can keep their kids whenever they are going for shopping. Getting a durable travel car seats for airplanes will be economical and safe for the kids.
1. Evenflo Maestro Booster Car Seat Thunder.
The Evenflo Maestro Booster is affordable for parents regardless of their income. A combination seat can be used in two configurations as a forward facing seat and as a booster.
- It is easy to install due to the simple and easy to understand user manual.
- It is small in size hence can fit easily on the back seat of the midsized vehicles.
- It only weights 11 pounds making it easy to pick up and go with.
- Its’ booster has a higher weight limit hence the child can safely use it in case she weighs 40-110 pounds.
- The booster function is quickly outgrown by height immediately the harness is outgrown.
- It has a narrow harness straps that can irritate the child’s neck
2. Safety 1st Guide 65 Convertible Car Seat
The Safety 1st Guide 65 Convertible Car Seat is an affordable traveling car seat airplane that is capable of keeping your kid secure from the time she is born until she get to the grade school. This seat however has some of the safety features most people always look.
- It is compact hence can easily fit in smaller cars.
- You can always download a new user manual from its website in case you lose yours.
- It offer both the two modules the front facing and rear facing positions.
- This seat offers a side impact protection and it is FAA compliant
- This seat does not recline making it difficult to angle the seat correctly.
3. Graco Contender 65 Convertible Car Seat, Glacier
The Graco Contender 65 Convertible Car Seat refers to a convertible car seat on airplane that accomplishes its purpose by supporting your infant to a toddler with maximum safety.
This best convertible car seat for travel supports your child during the first year of life as a rear facing car seat. Once the kid gets to 40 pounds, you can easily switch it to a front facing position that will secure your child until she gets to 65 pounds.
- It can support the child in the rear facing position until the kid weighs 40 pounds.
- It comes in a standard one year warranty which ensures you use it well before it runs out.
- A convertible baby seat will stay with your kid from the infancy to the grade school.
- This seat is versatile and can easily protect your child longer than just one year
- There is inconsistency in the buckles and straps since some of the modules have loose buckles children can easily detach on their own.
4. Safety 1st Complete Air 65 Convertible Car Seat.
This Safety 1st Complete Air 65 Convertible Car Seat is a highly rated convertible car seat on airplane.it can be used for rear facing by children who weigh 5 and 40 lbs and are between 19 and 36 inches in height. The children who are between 11 and 65 lbs can use a forward facing seat.
This best convertible car seat for travel features Air Protect Technology in the headrest that acts as a tether stabilizer for forward impact performance.
- It has clear labels and its user manual is easy to understand.
- The tall top harness height and the 65 lb forward facing weight provides enough growing room that will booster the kids’ age.
- It has the anti-rebound booster that will create the leg room for the kids.
- This seat has a low profile in the vehicle that can easily make it easier for loading and unloading.
- Its bottom harness is relatively high making most of the newborn will not to fit in the seat properly.
- This seat takes up a lot of room rear facing when it is to be installed.
- The rear facing kids having broad shoulder might feel squished by the bottom of the headrest whenever they are moving up to the next harness height.
- You can never remove the cover of the complete air technology for cleaning.
5. Evenflo SureRide DLX Convertible Car Seat
This best airplane car seat manufactured in the USA, is known to take the kids safety seriously by having a 5-point harness, a latch system, impact protection. The product has a high safety rating.
- It is cheaper hence; most parents can easily afford it.
- It was designed to fit the children from 5-65 lbs and has a fantastic fit on the lower end.
- Its’ cover is relatively easy to remove making it much easier to wash.
- It is FAA approved making it one of the greatest travel seat
- It has tall seats that must be pulled at full recline when rear facing.
- It is complex to move the lower latch connectors between the RF and the RF belt paths.
- It has a large gap between the third and the fourth harness slots that can be awkward when your child is between them.
6. Cosco Apt 50, Black Arrows
Any kid would be interested to ride longer in this Cosco Apt 50, baby seat. Its a lightweight infant car seat great for any parent who is on a tight budget and is looking forward to saving some coins without having to discard the child comfort, safety and security.
It contains three buckle locations and six harness heights. It also has cup holders that give the kids plenty of room during the ride for snacks and drinks.
- It allows comprehensive adjustment based on your child’s weight and height.
- Buckling and unbuckling the straps according to the kids height is simple due to the accessible front five point harness system
- It always produces a soft click sound whenever you buckle that will help verify the straps safely and buckle down tightly
- It does not have much padding to support the body of the child.
- The seat is non-adjustable hence; kids tend to outgrow it fast.
- The integrated cup holders will always get in the way of the child in and out.
7. Evenflo Securekid Lx Booster Car Seat, Raven
The Evenflo Securekid Lx Booster is best car seat for airplane that exceeds all applicable federal safety standards and side impacts standards. It can be used as a harnessed booster or can be used together with your cars seat belt.
This lightweight convertible car seat for air travel can be used for kids who weigh anywhere from 10kg all the way to 29.4 kg.
- It has an adjustable headrest that grows with your child.
- It has an energy absorbing foam liner that provides comfort and added safety.
- It has dual integrated cup holders that offer convenience.
- It has a quick connector LATCH that attaches and detaches safely with one hand.
- It is expensive hence only a few parents can afford it
The lightweight convertible car seat for air travel is important to any parent who has a kid, baby or toddler and wants to ensure they are always safe and secure.
However, it is important to get best car seats for airplanes in the market in order to realize the full benefits associated with it.
The review of the car seats for airplanes above will provide you with the basic guideline for the best car seat for plane travel currently available in the market.