The saying that ‘you are as stubborn as a cockroach’ is famous and very much true because these creepy creatures are hard to get rid of.
If you have an infestation and you are wondering how to get rid of roaches for good, you are in the right place…
How To Get Rid Of Cockroaches In House Fast.
There are more than five ways you can get rid of cockroaches from your home for good.
Some methods are fast while some are slow and safer so it depends on your preference. Here are the top 5 proven ways to get rid of roaches for good;
As with everything else, prevention is better than cure. So, the best way to get rid of roaches fast is to ensure nothing attracts them to your house.
Roaches love warmth and clutter so you must keep your house as cool as possible, air the house daily and remove all clutter.
You can do this by keeping your food covered or refrigerated, wipe clean your stoves, counter tops walls and anything greasy.
Roaches are also attracted to water so you must seal and repair all leaks so that there will be no water available for the pests.
It’s also crucial that you seal all entry points for the roaches. Seal all cracks, small holes and spaces in your walls, cupboard, doors and pantry.
Last but not least, you can keep the roaches out by repelling them using electronic or chemical pest repellent so that when they smell that they stay away.
While poison and insecticides are said to work better and faster, they are harmful to the environment and dangerous to your kids and pets.
Natural baits make the best roach killer for home because they are safe and effective not to mention cheap.
Make killer bait by mixing sugar, flour or chocolate so that they can attract the roaches. Add boric acid or baking powder to this mixture as the killing agents so when they eat the mixture they die.
Knowing how to get rid of roaches naturally keeps your kids and pets safe but the baits should still be kept where kids can’t reach them because children can ingest anything.
· Bait Stations
Bait stations allow you to use poison to kill roaches without endangering kids and pets. You can apply poisonous gel or powder inside the bait station and roaches are attracted to get into them and eat the poison.
Bait stations are also very effective because they are dark, warm and discreet so roaches feel safe when they are inside there.
· Insecticide Sprays.
Sprays are an effective method to kill roaches because they penetrate even the smallest cracks, hideouts and leave the pesticide on surfaces for the pests to eat.
You can spray everywhere the cockroaches pass and most importantly the nest.
Apart from buying a ready insecticide spray, you can also make your own solution of soap and water to spray.
Liquid concentrate pesticides also make the best roach spray when you mix them with water and spray on surfaces.
· Call an Exterminator.
If you have a serious infestation, it’s advisable to call a pest control company to eliminate the roaches.
Some exterminators use a chemical called diatomaceous earth and insert it in the walls through tiny holes and foundation.
This method is expensive but you will never wonder again about how to get rid of roaches for good as well as any other pest in your home.
You must leave the house during the few hours the exterminator is there to avoid contact with the chemicals.
How To Get Rid Of Roaches Fast By Using The Best Cockroach Killer.
1. Advion Syngenta Cockroach Gel Bait 1 Box.
Did you know there are more than 200 species of cockroaches and some are resistant to the best over the counter roach killer varieties?
Advion Syngenta Cockroach Gel Bait is a high performing product that is guaranteed to kill all species of cockroaches.
This bait is powered by MetaActiveTM compound combining a high consumption bait matrix with a very lethal and non-repellant ingredient.
- Advion Syngenta Cockroach Gel Bait kills even the toughest population and species of roaches within a very short time.
- Roaches cannot resist this bait because the matrix is non-repellant and very attractive to any pest.
- The pack comes with 4 sealed tubes and they are effective for two years so you have ample supply to get rid of roaches for two years.
- This product is the best cockroach killer because it’s affordable and very effective.
- No single complaint has been noted.
2. Pest Soldier Electronic Plug Ultrasonic Pest Control Repeller for Insects.
How do you get rid of roaches before they even come into your house?
This Pest Soldier Electronic Plug Ultrasonic Pest Control repeller is designed to keep all pests out of your home.
The pack of four ensures that no pest will come near your house because the electromagnetic waves pass through walls and ceilings to repell them.
- Pest Soldier Electronic Plug Ultrasonic Pest Control Repeller has been upgraded to work twice as much in repelling insects as the ultrasonic frequencies are more intense to have double impact.
- This insect repeller drives away all kinds of insects from your compound including ants, roaches, spiders and even rodents.
- Unlike citronella candles, traps, flytraps and sticky tape, these packs are discreet, inaudible and safe for the whole family so they can even be used in hotels and restaurants.
- The ultrasonic and waves are safe for kids and pets.
- Unlike most of the best pest killers, this repellent will leave you with no mess to clean up because the pests will never come into your house.
- The product does not work immediately.
3. Advion Cockroach Bait Station – 60 ct Bag.
As with all Advion products, this gel bait is designed to get rid of all species of roaches no matter where you are.
The formulation is made of an active ingredient called indoxacarb which kills all roaches and other pests slowly but surely.
- This bait is a good roach killer because it acts slowly so the roaches get time to transfer the poison throughout their hideouts by touching and through feces.
- Advion Cockroach Bait Station kills all roaches from adults to newborns when they ingest what the others have brought to the colony.
- This bait is easy to use, long-lasting and odor free.
- The bait station ensures that kids and pets cannot access the poison and there is no residue left that can endanger members of the family.
- You need to keep applying the gel every time you see a new generation com up.
4. 2 Tubes Invict Gold Cockroach German Roach Control Gel Bait w/ plunger.
If you have a problem with German roaches like most people do, this Invict Gold Cockroach German Roach Control Gel Bait is the best way to kill roaches.
The 2×35 gram tubes contain a powerful gel bait containing Imidacloprid to get rid of all German roaches in your home.
- Invict Gold gel bait tubes also come with a plunger so that you can be able to apply the gel in the roaches hideouts and colonies.
- The plunger makes it easier for you to apply gel anywhere because all you have to do is push a little gel out.
- This gel contains 11 attractants so it is impossible for roaches to resist ingesting it.
- The active ingredient imidacloprid kills even the most resistant and bait averse German roaches.
- It kills roaches of all sizes and stages hours after application.
- This product only works on German roaches and it’s a bit costly.
5. Invict Gold Cockroach German Roach Control Gel Bait 4 tubes w/ plunger.
If you like the Invict Gold Cockroach German Roach Control Gel Bait, this 4 tubes pack will even be better for you as it is more gel for a fraction of the cost.
Each of these 4x 35 grams tube is enough to kill a colony of German roaches no matter the size and stage.
- Invict Gold Cockroach Gel Bait starts killing all stages of German roaches as soon as you apply it.
- The 4 pieces all come with a plunger to make application easier especially in tight places.
- This gel bait is safe for kids and pets because you only need to apply in discreet places such as walls, behind cabinets, counters and fridge.
- It is the most affordable gel bait you can buy for roaches and it will serve you fo a very long time.
- Invict Gold Cockroach bait gel contains up to 11 attractants to lure roaches in so they can eat and die.
- If you rotate this Invict Gold with roach bait such as MaxForce, you will be able to avoid bait aversion and get rid of all types of roaches from your home.
- It’s only effective on German roaches.
6. Bengal Roach Spray.
Bengal roach spray is one of the best cockroach killer spray in the market as it contains permethrin which causes roaches to stop reproducing.
CLICK TO VIEW CURRENT PRICE
According to the manufacturer and customers, this is the closest thing you can get to professional grade pest control product.
- The unique dry spray s able to penetrate deep crevices and cracks where roaches hide and even reach the colony.
- permethrin keeps roaches from reproducing and kills the existing ones so you solve the whole problem in one bottle.
- This spray contains Nylar and will prevent infestation of roaches for up to 6 months.
- Bengal spray is odorless and safe for your family including kids and pets and it leaves no mess after use.
- One can is enough to get rid of an entire colony of roaches and ants and you will still have some left for a follow up treatment.
- Some people will find it a bit costly.
7. Maxforce Fc Roach Bait Stations-1 Bag of 72 Stations BA1077
If you are wondering how to kill cockroaches for good without endangering your pets, kids and causing a mess, these Maxforce Fc Roach Bait Stations will sort you out.
This pack contains 72 stations where roaches can enter, eat the bait and die.
- Maxforce Fc Roach Bait Stations starts to kill roaches just 8 hours after you set the stations and you will not see any cockroach after two days.
- These stations provide the perfect environment roaches require with enough darkness and something to eat. Since roaches don’t see light in red, these stations come with a transparent red top so you can see them but they can’t see you.
- Bait stations are small enough and yet safe enough to be used anywhere including homes, schools, hospitals and even offices.
- The bait in these stations is odorless and can be used even in the presence of other foods as attractants.
- There are 72 stations so you can place in many strategic places.
- You have to replace the stations every two weeks.
You May like : Best Roach Killer on the Market.
A Guide on How to Get Rid Of Roaches for Good.
With so many products and ways on how to get rid of roaches for good, it is no wonder some people are confused.
If you want to know how to get rid of roaches for good, you have to start with the most natural method and work your way up if the roaches resist.
So what should you look for in the best roach killer? Here is a guide;
Knowing how to get rid of roaches without an exterminator is an uphill climb but your roach killer of choice should be safe for your entire family and especially for kids and pets.
If natural methods of killing roaches have not worked for you, try sprays and bait stations as they are completely safe for your family.
- Environment Friendly
Though the idea is to kill all pests especially roaches, the best product should not be harmful to the environment in anyway.
While sprays and repellers are safe for humans, they are not very good for the environment and so is anything that messes with the circle of life.
What is the best roach killer?
It can be hard to know this without using it at first but you can always get recommendations from other customers.
Read reviews and ask around before buying any product and you are sure to get something that works long term.
The best roach killer should also be able to kill or get rid of other pests such as ants, spiders and rodents. A pesticide that can get rid of all pests at once is economical and safe.
- Type Of Roaches
It is very crucial that you do research and find out which species of roaches you have in your home.
Since there are four common types of roaches you can find in homes, knowing which type it is will help you get the product specially formulated for that species or all of them.
How to get rid of roaches for good is an issue that most people deal with.
While the best products that claim to know how to kill roaches do the job, none can get rid of a whole infestation in one go so the best strategy is to be patient and repeat the process over and over again.