How much money does a hoverboard cost? …
This is a question that you have probably asked yourself once or twice after seeing a really cool guy fly past you with a hoverboard.
The truth is;
Nothing in the world has gained more popularity at such a fast rate than hover boards…
While hoverboard look and ride the same as scooters and skate boards, hoverboard prices are a little higher because these devices are faster, cooler and they balance themselves.
You can cover more distance with a hoverboard and feel safer not to mention they are not tiring to ride at all.
What Affects The Cost Of Hoverboards?
How much do hoverboards cost? This is one of the hardest questions to answer because hoverboard price can range anywhere from $250 to $1000 depending on your preferences.
Some of the factors affecting the cost of a hoverboard include;
- Hoverboard Brand
Like everything else in this world, the more reputable a company is the more expensive their products will be because of the goodwill.
Hoverboards from famous brands such as EPIKGO and SWAGTRON are obviously more expensive than china-made models.
Anything that boys can ride is considered cooler by the amount of extravagant features it has.
A hoverboard scooter with extra features such as BLUETOOTH, speakers, GPS and handles will be more expensive than just a simple hoverboard.
- Quality Of The Hoverboard
Quality and cost always go hand in hand and this applies also to hoverboards. If you want to know how much does a hoverboard cost, you must first look at the quality and the design.
High quality hoverboards are obviously stronger, faster and perform generally well not to mention they last longer.
How To Get The Best Price For A Hoverboard.
How much do a hoverboard cost? If your answer to this question sounds too out of your reach, here are a few solutions for you;
- Buy Hoverboard Directly From The Manufacturer.
Retailers and wholesalers always tend to mark-up their products to get some profit. If you buy directly from the manufacturer, you are likely to get a low price and also get a discount.
- Buy off-season:
You are likely to see more hoverboard riders during summer and fall and this is when they are most expensive because of the demand.
If you can manage to buy a hoverboard over winter you will definitely get a good deal since many people are not selling at this time.
- Buy On-Sale:
On sale items are always subsidized as the retailers try to clear stock for new items so this is a great opportunity to get a new hoverboard for sale that works.
Best Hoverboard for Sale at Different Prices | Answer to – How Much Money Does A Hoverboard Cost?
Best Hoverboard under $ 300
1. Razor Hovertrax 2.0 Hoverboard Self-Balancing Smart Scooter.
Razor is the leading maker of electric scooters in the world and this Hovertrax 2.0 stands as the best balancing scooter from this reputable company.
This is a new and improved version of the original Hovertrax so you can expect it to perform better and look even cooler.
- The hoverboard is made with Razor’s exclusive Everbalance technology to ensure that it remains level and balanced when you are climbing on it and also have an easy time riding.
- This hoverboard can cruise at 8mph for a good 60 minutes and it can handle up to 220 lbs.
- Though it has a pretty long-lasting battery, you will also have an extra quick-change 36V lithium ion battery pack that you can replace with so that you can extend your riding time.
- Razor Hovertrax 2.0 Hoverboard has amazing new features such as fender bumpers, LED battery power indicator, LED light bar display and two riding modes for amateurs and pros.
- The speed can be overwhelming to a new rider.
2. SagaPlay F1 Self Balancing Scooter Motorized 2 Wheel Self Hover Balance Board.
SagaPlay F1 is one of the most powerful hoverboard in the market as it can climb slopes as steep as 15 degrees and last for more than one hour without charge.
This hoverboard electric scooter goes up to 9mph thanks to the 250W dual motors that are very quiet.
- SagaPlay F1 is very safe for you to ride and it has gone through 159 tests and CSA/UL certification to ensure it will never breakout into a fire.
- This hoverboard is suitable for all terrains including sand and grass thanks to the non-slip foot pedals and rubber tires.
- It’s a very solid and durable hoverboard that is rated IP56 on solidness and it can handle up to 220lbs.
- Some of the best features included in this hoverboard include water resistance, dual hub motors and gyro-scopic sensors.
- This hoverboard takes a bit of learning and getting used to be comfortable with it.
3. Hoverboard Two-wheel Self-balancing Scooter-VEEKO.
Gone are the days when you had to wait for the bus, train or traffic to get where you want to go… With this VEEKO hoverboard, you can go up to 9 miles at a speed of 9.6mph and have lots of fun while doing it.
- This VEEKO hoverboard features professional gyroscope and acceleration sensor plus servo control systems to ensure you have the smoothest ride because you will be well balanced.
- It’s a pretty lightweight hoverboard that can handle 225 lbs.
- The matte finish, blue LED indicator light and aluminum alloy tires give this hoverboard a very cool look.
- It is UL 2272 certified for safety to ensure you are safe when riding.
- It’s very fast so you must be able to balance well.
4. UL2272 Certified Smart Self Balancing Hoverboard.
This UL2272 Certified Smart Self Balancing Hoverboard is one of the most affordable hoverboards in the market and it’s quite compact for an adult transporter.
The two-wheel electric scooter is very safe and easy to ride since its self-balancing and light on your legs.
- UL2272 Certified Smart Self Balancing Hoverboard features low battery protection such that when battery is below 10%, the hoverboard slows down for a while before stopping.
- This compact hoverboard can go up to 10mph and tilt around 15 to 30 degrees depending on the rider’s weight and it can handle 225 lbs.
- It charges very fast and retains the charge for at least an hour especially if you don’t use the speakers.
- Some pieces come without the lights or speakers.
Best Hoverboard under $ 500 (Between $300 – $500)
5. Segway miniPRO Smart Self Balancing Personal Transporter with Mobile App Control.
Extra features determine how much is a hoverboard and this Segway miniPRO is a real example of that.
It is a self-balancing scooter packed with features such as remote control operation, speed control, anti-theft alarm, customizable lights, firmware updates and vehicle diagnostics just to name a few.
- This adult transporter is UL 2272 certified by Underwriters Laboratories for safety and electric safety.
- It’s a lightweight unit made with durable aircraft-grade magnesium alloy frame and it features 10inch pneumatic air filled tires with shock absorption capabilities.
- This hoverboard is one of the few units that come with a padded knee bar to maximize comfort and also ensure you are able to steer more easily and precisely which is good for new riders.
- It features 800 watts dual motors so it can adapt to any road obstacle.
- The speed control features can be dangerous if you are not careful.
6. HOVERZON UL 2272 Electric Self-Balancing Hoverboard.
You will not find a more beautiful scoter than this HOVERTRON Electric Self-Balancing Hoverboard that comes in shiny royal blue and multi-color front and rear LED movement lights.
Everyone behind you will be left in awe as this cool board is simply mesmerizing.
- On top of being UL2272 certified for safety and having a fireproof exterior casing, this hoverboard also has a multi-layer battery protection or armor.
- The hoverboard features amazing battery management system to help improve battery performance and you can monitor your power level constantly thanks to the 5-level indicator.
- It has built-in Bluetooth speakers so you can connect to your phone.
- It’s easy and comfortable to ride because of the non-slip pedals and gear stabilization.
- Poor customer service if you have issues.
7. TOMOLOO Hoverboard Self Balancing Scooter Electric Hover Board.
If you want a cool scooter packed with great features for an affordable cost, the TOMOLOO Hoverboard is the way to go.
This compact unit has the most advanced mainboard program and app control that helps you to set your own speed, driving force, and auto shut down time and steering sensitivity so you can be more comfortable.
- The hoverboard come with BLUETOOTH connectivity so you can listen to your music.
- It has 8 RGB lights, 4 on both sides and you can adjust the color and brightness to create the effect you want around.
- TOMOLOO Hoverboard has a maximum weight of 264 lbs. so its suitable for heavy people and it can go up to
- It’s very safe thanks to the hundreds of tests it has gone through and passed.
- It’s a bit heavy to carry with your hands.
8. SWAGTRON T6 Off-Road Hoverboard.
If you are a heavy person and still want to enjoy these cool new things, the SWAGTRON T6 Off-Road Hoverboard will come in handy as it can handle up to 420 lbs.
This is a very strong and durable hoverboard with 10inch rugged tires that can cruise through any terrain.
- SWAGTRON T6 is an off-road hoverboard that can roll over any bumps and rough terrain thanks to the big wheels.
- This hoverboard has a 12 mile range with a 12mph speed and it can incline up to 30 degrees depending on your weight.
- Its BLUTOOTH connected so you can listen to music.
- The battery lasts a good while.
- It’s pretty heavy but comes with a carrier handle.
Best Hoverboard under $1000 (Between $500 – $1000)
9. Official Halo Rover Hoverboard – Safety Certified UL 2272.
The Official Halo Rover Hoverboard is a masterpiece in its own right as it comes fully packed with amazing features and a Halo Rover App.
This hoverboard is made with high grade aluminum guards and frame so it can last long no matter how many times it’s used.
- The Halo Rover mobile App enables the user to custom make their ride from learning, normal or advanced mode and you can also adjust your music, lights, speed and many more.
- The scooter is very safe as it is UL2272 certified and it even comes with a hologram certificate.
- The Bluetooth connectivity helps you to listen to your music from your phone or any other device as you ride.
- It’s an all-terrain hoverboard that can cruise over mud, sand, snow and rough roads without feeling a thing thanks to the bi rugged tires.
- The casing around the footpads is cheap plastic that cracks very easily.
10. EPIKGO Self Balancing Scooter Hover Self-Balance Board.
EPIKGO is the leading maker of self-balancing scooters that are high end and very sophisticated.
CLICK TO VIEW CURRENT PRICE.
This particular hoverboard is 2 times more powerful and 30% larger than any other hoverboard in the market so it’s more stable and provides more foot space.
Pros;r any fire hazards.
- With 400W dual motors, you can climb a slope as steep as 18 degrees with this hoverboard going for 10mph and last for more than an hour without charging.
- The solid rubber tires ensure you can cruise through any terrain without feeling the impact and not fall.
- It has a built-in fast 2 hour fast charging technology that will always save you time.
- There is no indication that the hoverboard has fully charged.
11. EPIKGO SPORTS PLUS Balance Board Self Hover Smart Boards.
The EPIKGO SPORTS PLUS is an upgrade of the above EPIKGO Self Balancing Scooter since most features are similar but it’s meant for athletes and risk-takers.
It is an extremely powerful unit that is bigger than all other hoverboards and also very fast suitable for people who never have to ask, how much does the hoverboard cost.
- EPIKGO SPORTS PLUS has dual 400W motors and it can go up as high as 30 degrees and last for more than an hour.
- Since it’s a racing unit, this hoverboard can go at a very fast speed but still remain stable because of the wide dimensions and big tires.
- The streamlined racing tires are very solid and water resistant and they can easily maneuver through any terrain including snow and grass.
- Apart from being UL2272 certified this hoverboard is also very stable and has more foot space to enhance control.
- It is a very expensive item and takes long to charge.
Related Post: Best Electric Hoverboard Reviews
Buying Guide For The Best Hoverboard on The Market.
If you are considering buying a hoverboard for summer, the first question you should ask yourself is, how much money does a hoverboard cost?
If you know how much money is a hoverboard that you want then you can budget and start saving for it. Apart from having a budget, here are some of the other features you should look for;
- Weight Capacity
Depending on the quality and size, a hoverboard can handle anywhere between 44 to 225 lbs.
However, there are some self-balancing scooters designed for plus size people such as the EPIKGO and some can handle up to 400 pounds.
Be sure to check the weight limit of your hoverboard before buying and compare it to your own weight to avoid ruining the hoverboard.
- Weight of the Hover board.
Hoverboards range from 10 to 40 pounds in weight depending on the design and material used.
While a heavier hoverboard is pretty stable and durable, it can be hard to carry back home when it’s out of charge.
Buy a hoverboard that won’t be too heavy for you to carry especially if it’s meant for a child.
- Hoverboard’s Tires
Just like any other adult transporter, a hoverboards capability is very much determined by the size and quality of the tires.
The best hoverboard should have wide and rugged air filled tires that can handle any terrain so you won’t be limited to some places only.
- Level of Safety
Next to how much does a real hoverboard cost, you should ask yourself how safe the hoverboard you are buying is.
Choose a unit that is stable, strong and UL2272 certified to ensure your safety and that of those around you.
- Hoverboard Extra Features
How much are hoverboards? Apart from quality and brand, the number of features available in a hoverboard will determine the hoverboard cost.
Get a hoverboard with most of the cool features but if you don’t mind paying more you can get the most expensive unit.
Have you gotten the answer to the question how much money does a hoverboard cost? If yes, all you need is some safety gear and you are off to a new world of fun.