The best telescope for your money will let you view beautiful galaxies, solar system, moon and anything else in the sky that you might be interested in looking.
High quality telescopes are considered the most important tool for exploring the world of space and stars.
The best value for money telescope will not only magnify the celestial bodies, they will also collect enough light and help you in watching even those astronomical objects that you won’t be able to see with your naked eyes.
Buying Guide For The Best Telescope For Your Money.
Most probably you might have some knowledge on how to use a telescope. However, you might not know what to look for when shopping for the best telescope.
There are important factors any person interested in buying the best telescope for your money should consider as stated below.
The telescopes optical design refers to the manner in which the light is gathered and passed through the scope lens. There are two major types of light gathering elements.
It is important to know the optical design you are interested in before you buy your telescope.
Are you interested in observing geographical features and wildlife? Getting a refractor telescope that uses lens as its objective will be a better option.
Refractor scopes become increasingly bulky and expensive the better their light-gathering capabilities, but their simplicity and reliable design make them an excellent choice for beginners.
Aperture is the most important factor any telescope buyer needs to consider before making any purchase. The aperture will control the amount of light the scope can let in that determines the objects you will be able to see.
Have you ever wondered how much does a good telescope cost? Different telescopes are known to cost different prices.
Any person would be interested in getting the best value for money telescope should choose a telescope that is within your budget and will suit your needs.
The focal length of a telescope refers to the distance from the primary mirror or the lens to the focal point. The longer the focal length, the more powerful and magnification the telescope is.
It is important to know the right focal length that you will need when shopping for the best telescope for your money.
Magnification is always considered as one of the most important factors any telescope buyer has to consider whenever they are shopping for the best telescope for beginners.
However, since magnification is a result of the relationship between the eyepiece and focal length, it is always great to focus on these two features.
Best High Quality Telescopes .
1. Orion 8945 SkyQuest XT8 Classic Dobsonian Telescope.
The Orion 8945 SkyQuest XT8 Classic Dobsonian is the best rated telescope known for having great stability and reliable mount. It is the best value for money telescope for beginners since it is easy to use.
This beginner telescope comes with a large 8” aperture and is great for viewing both the extra solar and local bodies. You will always get an excellent clarity when viewing the deep sky objects including the nebula, galaxies and the star clusters.
Transporting the Orion 8945 SkyQuest XT8 Telescope is much easier since you can always separate it into two parts. It always comes together with all the accessories that you might need for perfect viewing.
- It is a trusted and a reputable equipment that assures you high quality viewing.
- It is easy to use hence, perfect for beginners. It is the best at home telescope to get for your kids.
- It is of great value for your money due to its price to quality ratio.
- It includes all the accessories that you might need to get started.
- There are people who do not prefer using this telescope due to its viewing position that is not comfortable enough.
2. Celestron 127EQ PowerSeeker Telescope.
The Celestron 127EQ will provide you with a great combination of price, power and quality. It can easily fit on any type of car trunk and leave you with enough space to add some of your extra luggage for picnic or camping.
The best home telescopes were designed to give the beginners affordable and powerful equipment that will enable them to explore the wonders of the universe.
- The aperture size will enable you to explore as much as you are interested in and learn more about astronomy.
- You can easily set up your telescope in a matter of minutes without use of any extra tools.
- It has high quality optics that makes it a good and powerful astronomical companion.
- You will need to give it a great care in order to protect it from being damaged.
- You will have to do some eyepiece upgrades that might be costly to you.
- It contains unnecessary extra equipment such as the 4mm eyepiece or the 3X Barlow.
3. Orion 10014 SkyQuest XT4.5 Classic Dobsonian Telescope.
The Orion 10014 SkyQuest XT4.5 Telescope will be of great help in case you are taking your first every voyage into the nighttime skies. It is considered to be the best for beginners and a great option for any person who is interested in learning the skies.
An easy to use tool is great for both starters and intermediate astronomers. You can use the Orion 10014 SkyQuest immediately you take it out of the box.
- They have a simple and stable configuration that will make them perfect for the beginner astronomers.
- It is a relatively affordable telescope for the beginner astronomers.
- It has a 4.5-inch aperture that will offer you amazing images.
- It is highly portable hence, you can move with it in areas not soaked in light pollution
- It has a very small aperture despite being a great piece for the beginners.
- It comes without a bag or case hence; you have to spend more in purchasing the case separately.
4. Celestron 21035 70mm Travel Scope.
It is an excellent tool for the beginner astronomers and can be used by both the kids and the intermediate astronomers who are interested in refining their skills.
This best beginner telescope is great for anyone who is planning to move to a great observation point. It comes with full color, a sky X software and detailed instructions that will be of great help to anyone who is interested in learning more about the stars and planets.
- This telescope comes with a stylish backpack and only weighs 3 lbs hence you can always move with it without much stress.
- It is a resistant telescope despite having plastic parts that might give it a cheaper look
- Not the best telescope when you are going out to an observation point.
- The plastic components make it quite fragile hence can easily break if not handled with lots of care.
5. Celestron NexStar 4 SE Telescope.
The Celestron NexStar 4 SE is a catadioptric telescope that combines the mirrors and lenses to help focus light on the heavenly bodies. It is compact and has a closed tube design that helps in reducing the air currents that could degrade the images.
Anything that you might be interested in to help you assemble the Celestron NexStar is available in its box. The telescopes for beginners are very light weighing only 11 pounds hence you can always carry it when going to camp.
- It is a highly compact and affordable catadiopter.
- It has a standard 25mm Plossl eyepiece and StarBright XLT that ensures it provides excellent visual results.
- It uses the NextStar technology that makes it very easy to use.
- You will need an extra source of power supply or a large amount of the rechargeable batteries.
6. Orion 13160 StarSeeker IV 130mm GoTo Reflector Telescope.
The Orion 13160 StarSeeker Telescope will enable you to have breathtaking views that you can get for the first night you take it outside.
You can easily navigate the stars with much ease even if you do not have the star map or you do not know the sky.
It has a short focal length compared to most of the other telescopes available in the market hence provides you with a faster focal ratio. It is great for beginners since it makes the learning process easier and fun.
- It is much easier to assemble the Orion 13160 compared to other tested models.
- It has a shorter focal length thereby giving you a faster focal ratio.
- The warranty period covers only one year.
- It is much heavier hence stressful to move with it around.
7. Celestron NexStar 130 SLT Computerized Telescope.
The Celestron NexStar 130 SLT is a powerful telescope that is much easier to use and locate the stars and other celestial objects up there.
The best telescope for beginners has a fully computerized mount that comes together with finderscope. It allows you to automatically align with the help of the remote control.
- It enables you to take amazing and beautiful pictures in the space and sky.
- It is compatible with 2 inches pieces that make it quite versatile.
- Its tube and tripod are lightweight and easily portable.
- It will take any starter some time before they know how to use it properly.
- You have to enter the time and date every time you use this telescope.
There are many types of telescopes in the market. Most people especially the beginners do not know the best types available in the market and the factors they should consider when buying one.
This telescope reviews has made your work easier when you need to get the best telescope for your money.