Are you considering sewing or want to get your kids to start sewing?
However, before you get started, you will need to get the best sewing machine for teenager that will help them learn quickly and with ease.
Sewing is considered to be one of the most useful skills anyone would be interested in having! Children from all age groups are capable of picking up sewing in a day or two since its always safe, fun and easy to learn.
Buying Guide For The Best Sewing Machine For Teenager.
In case you are shopping for the best a sewing machine for teenager, it is vital to know the important factors to look at that will ensure you get a machine that will enable you achieve your objectives.
Below are important factors any buyer needs to put in mind whenever shopping for the best sewing machine for kids.
Are you planning to move around with your sewing machine or storing it in a machine cabinet when not in use? It is important to consider the weight of the children’s singer sewing machine when shopping for one.
In case you need something portable, always look for a lightweight machine and one that has a convenient handle
Most people forget to consider this factor when they are shopping for the best sewing machines for children. In case you buy a noisy machine, you always tend to sew only in the evening when you are free and the kids are asleep.
You will always be disturbing everyone at home and your neighbors when using the noisy sewing machines. It is therefore important to check on how noisy the machine is before you make a purchase.
Types of Stitches:
It will be boring when you can only make basic stitches like straight and zigzag on sewing machines than making decorative stitching with the best sewing machines. It is therefore important that you get a machine that will enable you make a variety of stitches.
Never forget to check the maximum stitch length and width of the children sewing machine. Getting machines with long stitches will help you baste new designs.
It is always important to check the warranty of the best sewing machine for teenager before you purchase it. Always prefer the machines with a longer warranty period.
There are no cheap sewing machines for kids. However, you can afford some while others are known to cost lots of money. Always choose a child sewing machine you can afford and can help your youngster achieve their objectives.
Best Sewing Machine For Kids.
1. Brother CS6000i Feature-Rich Sewing Machine.
The Brother CS6000i is a perfect sewing machine for teenager that is perfect for any person who is interested in buying a high quality teen sewing machine without having to spend too much money.
Beginners commonly use a kid sewing machine since it usually comes with basic and easy to understand features.
The machine is also capable of making a plethora of items such as covers, clothes and quilts. Its users have also commented on the smooth bobbin action and claimed to have it easy to wind and drop.
- It is user friendly and portable with a backlit LCD display, automatic needle threader and adjustable sewing speeds.
- It is easy to adjust the sewing speed by using the speed controls.
- The machine arm has a compartment for storing accessories.
- It has a large table that makes maneuvering quilts and other objects much easier.
- It has 60 built in sewing and decorative stitches to choose from.
- It has seven different styles of one step button holes for different fabric types.
- It has a built in arm that is perfect for sewing sleeves, pants and cuffs.
- Its bobbin tends to jam constantly hence waste time trying to clear the jam.
- Its light is too small, dim and wrongly placed
2. SINGER 1507WC Easy-to-Use Free-Arm Sewing Machine.
The SINGER 1507WC is an easy to use free arm machine that comes together with a canvas cover. Though it does not boast of any flashy computerized system, it stands out in being a comprehensive machine for the price.
It is a lightweight and compact brand weighing 13 pounds and measures 15 x 8 x 12 inches. Its’ small size ensures that you do not have to dedicate a large working space for it.
- It is lightweight and compact making it portable.
- It is easy to use hence ideal for the beginners.
- It is one of the cheapest sewing machines for kids currently available in the market.
- You can always access the free arm when built in accessory storage is removed hence capable of sewing hard to reach areas.
- It requires regular maintenance to ensure all its parts run smoothly.
- Its’ simple design makes it not practical for advanced users
3. Brother XM2701 Lightweight, Full-Featured Sewing Machine.
The Brother XM2701 is considered a fun and robust sewing machine for teenager. It will offer you everything from being a lightweight to offering you 27 stitches that will enable you to confidently sewing any garment or project without any difficulty.
It is considered to be the ideal choice for beginners thanks for its instructional DVD
- It is capable of sewing all materials even the annoying stretchy materials.
- It has a built in needle threader that makes the set up a breeze.
- It offers numerous stitching options
- Produce a dim LED light that is not conducive to the users
4. Janome 11706 3/4 Size Hello Kitty Sewing Machine.
The Janome 11706 3/4 Size is a super cute machine that comes together with eleven stitches and four-step buttonhole.
These kids sewing machine is a beautiful green-blue in color and is adorned with white floors. It is a portable teen sewing machine. It is important to note that the Janome 11706 is considered an entry-level machine and does not have many features you find in other expensive models.
- It is the best child friendly sewing machine since it is lightweight and fully functional
- It has an adorable design that is ideal for the young learners.
- It can easily be carried to dorms and to class with ease due to its lightweight nature and convenient handle.
- It allows its users to choose from 11 stitches that include a button hole stitch and two stretch stitches.
- One can easily get consistent stitches with the upper thread tension
- It is not for professional people who want to work on fancy stitches.
- It does not have an automatic control and the young sewers have to learn controlling the pedal speed
5. Brother LS2125i Easy-to-Use, Everyday Sewing Machine.
The Brother LS2125i sewing machine is just but another great and charming product from one of the leading manufacturers.
The machine has been designed for beginners and contains all the basic features and sewing patterns that are capable of helping one learn how to stitch.
The Brother LS2125i can also be used for complex and long jobs that will take some time. It comes together with tons of accessories and free giveaways that come with this machine making it one of the best girls sewing machine.
- It is a great kid friendly sewing machine due to its simple design and easy to use nature.
- It is cost effective with impressive features suitable for anyone on a budget.
- It allows one to handle most of the sewing jobs like tablecloths, curtains and pillows.
- Auto adjusting can be a difficult issue in-between sewing.
- Its two speed pedals can be a drawback to some of its users.
- It requires regular oiling that can ensure smooth operations though the oil is not included with the purchase.
6. Janome 2206 Sewing Machine.
The Janome 2206 Sewing Machine is known to be an awesome sewing machine for beginners. It is easy to operate and has a great build quality.
Although it does not have many stitch selections, it is still awesome. It uses older front load bobbin unlike many new children sewing machine.
- It has clear instructions making it easy to use.
- It is a lightweight machine making it easy to use.
- A perfectly illuminated sewing area makes it easy to use.
- Its foot controller is made of plastic hence can easily break.
- It produces loud noise thereby making it not conducive.
7. Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW Electric Sewing Machine.
In addition, its internal computer measures the exact length of many stitches thereby removing the guesswork that makes manual adjustments frustrating.
- Has a simple design making it easily useable by normal people.
- It is a cheaper machine hence can be affordable by people on a tight budget
- It is not appealing to people who know how to use the traditional models
All the sewing machines for kids reviewed above are great for beginners. They are all simple and easy to use and cam at affordable price. In case you are just starting, be sure you will never go wrong with the best sewing machine for teenager reviewed above.