If you are like most people, it is normal to admire those really well manicured lawns you see in hotels and posh neighbor hoods. If you wish your shaggy backyard would also look like that, it’s time to invest in one of the best push mowers on the market….
Top rated push mowers not only help you cut all types of grass easily and neatly but they also save you a lot of time and energy.
Most of the best push mowers on the market are very light and environmental friendly so everyone around you including the plants are safe.
What is the Best Push Mower To Buy For Your Lawn?
1. Scotts 2000-20 20-Inch Classic Push Reel Lawn Mower.
Scotts 2000-20 is among the best push lawn mower featuring five-spider, five-blade reel with five-heated steel blades to ensure efficient and precise cuts every time.
This mower is designed with smooth ball bearings that spin the blades efficiently so they cut grass into fine mulch.
- Scotts 2000-20 is powered by you so you will not have gasoline expenses and it’s also very environmental friendly.
- This push reel lawnmower is easy to assemble with no tools since it has no complicated engines to consider so you can cut your grass minutes after delivery.
- The lawn mower has a very wide cutting width of 20 inches so you will reduce the number of trips and time.
- With the quick-snap height adjuster, you are in full control of how long you want your grass to be cut because you can adjust the height to 9 different slots.
- It’s not very good where there is mixed grass.
2. GreenWorks 25022 12 Amp Corded 20-Inch Lawn Mower.
GreenWorks 25022 is among the best electric push mower featuring 3 mowing options; rear bagging, side discharge or mulching.
The mower has a 12 Amp electric motor that delivers amazing power to cut through any grass efficiently.
- Electric mowers reduce your carbon footprint because they don’t emit any gas or soot.
- GreenWorks 25022 has a durable 20-inch cutting deck that enables you to get the job done quicker.
- This mower has 7-position height adjustment so you can be in control of your grass length.
- The wide 10-inch rear wheels and 7-inch front wheels ensure that this mower can roll over even the roughest terrain.
- Though this mower looks big, it is able to fold down to a very compact item for storage.
- You need to buy an extra extension cord.
3. Great States 415-16 16-Inch Reel Mower Standard Full Feature Lawn Mower.
Great States 415-16 is the cheapest ready to use lawn mower that snip the grass in precise and clean manner. The mower is all about simplicity and durability thanks to the lightweight alloy steel construction.
- Great States 415-16 does not use electricity or gas so it’s easy to maintain and use without complicated cords and buying gas.
- It is a very quiet lawn mower because there is no noisy engine and the blades are very sharp.
- This lawn mower is very light and compact therefore easy to push and store thereafter.
- The mower has powder coated finished handles that are comfortable and last longer and the heat treated blades stay sharp for a long time.
- You can adjust the height of your grass cuts from 1/2inch to 2 ½ inch.
- It’s only good for very small lawns.
4. Husqvarna 7021P 21-Inch 160cc Gas Powered 3-N-1 Push Lawn Mower
Husqvarna 7021P is a 3-in-1 gas powered lawn mower ideal for small and big yards so you can get mulch, rear bag and side discharge.
The mower has 12 inch rear wheels that increase maneuverability in any terrain and the high –spec 6.9 gross-torque Honda engine gives it a smooth and efficient operation.
- Husqvarna 7021P has a cutting width of 21 inches so you are able to a cover a very wide area and make fewer trips.
- This mower has an adjustable handle that is also very comfortable on your hand.
- After you are done mowing, you can fold this machine starting with the handle so it does not take too much space.
- The mower is very compact so it cans maneuver even in tight places and it has 9 position cutting height adjustments.
- It is well made for durability and very easy to push thanks to the power assist.
- The height adjustments won’t stay in place.
5. Lawn-Boy 17734 21-Inch 6.5 Gross Torque Kohler Electric Start.
Lawn-Boy 17734 is among the best self-propelled push mower in the market and it is easy to start because of the electric start instead of pulling a lever.
This mower features 3-in-1 cutting features; mulch, side discharge and rear bag discharge.
- The 21-inch rear wheel drive ensures you cover a wider area and make fewer trips so you finish the work faster.
- Being the best self-propelled lawn mower at that price range and gas-powered, the machine is able to cut even the toughest grass more efficiently and it’s easy to use.
- This mower is very easy to put together as all you have to do is connect the handle and tighten the screws and it comes with a little bottle full of oil.
- It’s easy to adjust the cutting height and it has great warranty.
- Do not attempt to cut wet grass.
6. Sun Joe MJ401E Mow Joe 14-Inch 12 Amp Electric Lawn Mower with Grass Bag.
Sun Joe MJ401E is One of the most affordable electric lawn mower in the market and its compact and lightweight frame makes it ideal for tight corners and storage.
The mower has a 12Amp motor and with the push of a button, you are ready to go.
- Sun Joe MJ401E comes with a detachable bag that collects and stores grass clippings.
- The green mowing machine does the job efficiently without polluting the environment with noise and carbon and it does not cost you much to maintain.
- This mower has a safety switch to prevent accidental starting and the rugged all-terrain wheels are easy to maneuver.
- You have control over the size of your grass as this machine has 3-position manual height control.
- Sun Joe MJ401E has the power and convenience of a gas-powered mower and a cutting width of 14 inches.
- It’s only good for small lawns.
7. Poulan Pro 961120130 PR450N20S Briggs 450e Side Discharge Push Mower.
Poulan Pro 961120130 PR450N20S features an easy starting Briggs & Stratton 450e Series 125cc engine that supplies enough power to cut through any type of grass efficiently.
This is the perfect choice for small and medium size lawns and it discharges the cut grass on the sides as you go along.
- Poulan Pro 961120130 features a 5-position adjustable lever so you can customize the size of your lawn.
- The mower comes fully assembled and ready to use straight from the box plus its very lightweight thus easy to use.
- This mower is very compact in size so it’s able to cut even in tight places and around trees.
- It has a 20-inch cutting deck meaning you will cover a wider area faster and finish the job faster.
- The 7-inch front and rear wheels make it easy to maneuver in any terrain and the ergonomic handle is very comfortable on your hands.
- There are several complaints that it stops working if you store for a long time.
Buying Guide for the Best Push Mowers on the Market.
All these push mower reviews feature the best push mowers on the market in terms of performance, cost and features.
Though you may think that all you need is a cutting machine for your home, it’s important to consider these factors first so you can get the best push lawn mower for the money;
- Size Of Your Lawn
One of the largest factors you should consider when buying the best push mower for the money is the size of your lawn because you want to do the job well and fast.
Huge lawns need a mower with a wider cutting range, 21 inches and above and it must be powered by gas or electricity.
However, if you have a small lawn, you can get a good push lawn mower that is cheaper, maintenance free and efficient.
- Type Of Terrain
The terrain of your lawn will determine what kind of a lawn mower you get.
Large hilly and bumpy terrains require the best self-propelled lawn mower for the money or highly powered top push mowers with big rugged wheels so it can power through the obstacles.
Be sure to check the blade, horse power and speed control of the mower depending on how your terrain looks like.
Over and above being able to cut grass efficiently, the best push gas lawn mowers comes with features such as 3-in-1 system to get rid of grass, adjustable blade height, quick-start button, safety lock and an ergonomic handle to make mowing fun and convenient.
- Environmental Friendly
It is our duty as human beings to protect the environment from all types of pollution. Though gas-powered mowers have the best performance, they tend to emit carbon monoxide and a lot of noise.
The best lawn mower on the market should be environmental friendly and safe for humans and animals.
Whether you have a big or a small lawn, it is not hard to spot the best push mowers on the market because their names and performance precedes them.
Be sure to ask around and do your research well and you are guaranteed to find the best lightweight push mower for you as we have outlined in this resource.