“All work without play makes jack a dull boy!”
The best first scooter for toddlers are known to be a great source of joy for children and a great way for them to explore different creative ways of moving their bodies.
There is nothing great as kids propelling the small boards on wheels as they try to control the direction and speed. Imagine seeing your child trying to maneuver the sidewalks on your way to the supermarket and back.
The scooters have become an important part in any child life.
Buying Guide For The Best First Scooter For Toddlers.
Choosing the best first scooter for toddlers is a more complex process than choosing the kick scooter for an adult. When shopping for the best toddler scooter, you need to consider the following:
You need to aim for a handlebar that is around the waist-high of your child to ensure comfort and safety. If you get a toddler electric scooter with a high handlebar, it will be difficult for your kids to control and getting a low handlebar will make them uncomfortable.
The best toddler scooter should have a wide wheel deck that will make your little girl electric scooter easy and sturdier for the young kids to balance on. They will be able to fit all their feet on the deck whenever they are cruising.
Getting low to the ground deck will be essential to the kids since it makes it easier for the kids to balance on. It is also easier for the kids to get on and off.
Weight of the Scooter:
The weight on the razor scooter for toddler another important factor you need to consider whenever you are shopping for the first scooters for toddlers.
A lightweight scooter will be more advantageous to your younger child since it will be much easier for them to control and maneuver.
It will also be easier for the parents to carry and pick up whenever their child is no longer interested in riding cool electric scooters.
Folding mechanism is a great factor to both the parents and the kids. There are times when the child might be fed up with riding their 3 wheel toddler scooter and are interested in their parents carrying it at the park.
Folding scooter for kids will always make it much easier for the parents to carry it.
Best Scooters For Toddlers On Market.
1. Micro Maxi Kick Scooter with T-bar.
The Micro Maxi Kick is one of the best first scooter for toddlers that have been around for quite some time.
The smooth and sleek Micro Maxi Kick Scooter has a bend and slide attribute that enables the kids to move it in a similar way as the skateboards on the side ways.
The users can always use its handle bar and the body weight to slant towards a turn thereby achieving a smooth and safe turn.
The Micro Maxi Kick is also known to possess one of the sleekest and safest ride open by virtue of the polyurethane fiberglass fortified cover that places the thumps on the walkway. It is scooter for toddlers between 6-10 year olds.
- It is made from quality materials making it durable.
- It has light and big tires that make the scooter toddler extremely comfortable.
- A well-built weight bike makes it capable of holding up under heavy weights.
- You can easily modify the long handle by collapsing it to the right and bring it along with you.
- It is much slow compared to the other scooters.
- Some of its parts are known to be obsolete
2. Globber 3 Wheel Adjustable Height Scooter.
The Globber 3 Wheel stands out from the rest of the best first scooter for toddlers thanks to the height of its handlebars that is adjustable from 26 to 31 inch.
Any parent will be glad to have this scooter for their children since they can always elongate in height as the child grows.
This best scooter for toddlers comes with a secure direction button that is located on the deck that you will have to activate so that your child can always scoot in a straight line. The kid will then learn how to balance on the scooter by him or herself.
It is best for kids who are between 2-6 years old.
- It has an adjustable height handle bar hence a child can always use it as he or she grows tall.
- It has a footboard clearance from the ground that maximizes stability.
- It has a secure direction button lock hence it is much easier to learn balance for the little kids
- It is not a long lasting scooter as the micro mini due to the quality of materials used in making it
3. Radio Flyer My 1st Scooter, Red.
The Radio Flyer My 1st Scooter is designed to help in boosting balance and coordination in your kids.
The manufacturer of this scooter is known to have created an extra large scooter that will ensure maximum stability even when your kids have zero experience.
It has two front wheels that enhance stability for your kid. This makes them secure whenever they scoot along. Its rear wheel has a shield that ensures your kid has a safe ride.
This scooter will also come with the foot brakes offering control and stoppage. Its base narrows towards the ends to ensure the kids have a kick path whenever they move.
- It has foot brakes that enhance control.
- It has an extended base for added stability.
- It is highly safe and stable hence ideal for beginners.
- It has ergonomically designed handlebars offering comfortable grip and safe ride
- It does not have the folding mechanism hence not easy to travel with.
4. Micro Mini Original Kick Scooter.
The Micro Mini Original Kick Scooter is considered the best scooter for toddlers who are between 2 and 5 years. It will ensure your child have fun and exercises.
It is considered one of the best gifts you can always offer your child and brings lots of joy to them as they scoot on the sidewalks for years. It is a great option for any toddler thanks to its 3 polyurethane wheels and the low deck that makes it stable.
- Uses high quality materials that makes it sturdy and highly durable.
- It is low enough for maximum stability.
- It has a unique lean and steer technology.
- It has a fibreglass deck and smooth wheels for quiet ride and impact absorption
- There are chocking small parts hence it is never suitable for the kids below 3 years.
5. Razor Jr. Lil’ Kick Scooter.
The Razor Jr. Lil’ Kick are considered to be the best scooters for toddlers who are three years and above.
It never matters if your kid has used any scooter before; it has been designed to cater for beginners.
It is a lightweight scooter weighing only 6.2 pounds hence easy for the kids to move around with it. It comes with three wheels that ensure maximum stability.
Its wide rear wheel further enhances stability to ensure the kid cannot easily tip over whenever they manoeuvre this scooter. It also has large and smooth wheels that are able to roll fast.
- It has three wheels that ensures stability to the scooter.
- It has adjustable handlebar hence a child cannot overgrow it easily.
- It is lightweight hence easy to carry around.
- Its handlebars have pads for firm and right grip.
- It has a sturdy and strong frame hence can last for long
- Its’ wheel hurts the ankle hence not very comfortable to the kids
6. YBIKE GLX Scooter, 12cm
Are you shopping for a scooter that will help improve your kids balance? Go for the YBIKE GLX Scooter and you will never go wrong with it! The scooter is lightweight weighing ony 4.7 pounds.
This scooter is best for kids between 2 and 5 years old. Be sure you will always be happy watching your little lad lean on either side whenever they scooter on around the home. Try imagining the kind of fun they always experience.
It is also considered strong enough and able to last for long thanks to the materials used in making it. Its manufacturer used the ABS technology to help reinforce the deck hence ensuring maximum stability.
- It is lightweight hence the kids can easily move it around.
- The handle bars are light enough hence can easily be used by the smaller kids
- It lacks the folding mechanism though you can easily remove the handle for easy storage and transportation
7. Y Glider 100071 3 in 1 Ride On.
The Y Glider 100071 is considered to be the most ideal scooter for children who are between 1 and 5 years old.
This scooter can always be used as a ride on toy with its seat when the kids are in their early development stage.
You can then remove the seat and use it as a scooter to help your child develop balance and coordination skills when the child has mastered the walking and improve their confidence.
- It helps in developing balance and coordination skills on the young children.
- It is a ride on and early stage scooter with removable seat
- A bit expensive hence not all parents can easily afford it
The above list of the best first scooter for toddlers was compiled after an extensive research. Be sure of high-quality kid scooters that will never disappoint. Ensure you select the best scooter that will be right for your child’s age.