The Compact Car Seats for Infants are considered the most important purchase for a new parent..
They will always ensure your precious baby is kept safe in the car from their first ride until when they grown old enough to use a booster seat.
The small toddler car seat is used on a daily basis by different families hence they just need not to be safe but also convenient, comfortable and durable.
There are choices you will have to make as a parent when choosing the best convertible car seat for small cars or big cars.
You will need to decide if you need a stroller set or a separate compact car seat. Each of the options you settle on will have its positives and negatives.
To give you an insight, we have reviewed the best compact car seats for infants currently available in the market so that you can make the best choice.
Buying Guide For The Compact Car Seats For Infants.
Safety will always be on top of your mind whenever you are shopping for the compact car seat for infants. There is only one way you can carry your baby when driving that is by using the best infant car seat for small cars.
Below are some of the factors you need to consider when shopping for the best compact car seats for infants:
- Ease of use:
Try to have a look at the National Highways Transportation Safety Administration 5 star rating system. The more stars the compact car seat has, the easier it is to use.
The National Highways Transportation Safety Administration ranking system will take into account how easy it is to install the seat in your car and secure your child in it. It comes together with a content and clear user manual.
- A car Seat Base:
Most of the compact car seats for infants usually come with a plastic base you have to install in your car. You just have to snap the car seat into the base and buckle up your child whenever you are ready to go.
Immediately you get to your destination, unsnap the car seat from the base and take it with you.
There are some car seat bases that have add- on like an adjustable foot that can help in getting the proper recline angle or the level indicators that use a ball bearing or the bubble to reveal to you precisely when the correct angle has been reached.
- Easy adjustments:
You will always have to adjust your harness and headrest as your kid grows. The best carseat for small cars will allow you to easily adjust the harness and straps height from the front.
The most user-friendly models are always known to have single hand belt adjustments with the quick release buckles, no rethread harnesses and the single hand height adjustable headrests.
- Easy Cleaning:
Babies and messes will always go hand in hand. However, a number of car seats usually come with covers that you can never take off. A machine washable and detachable cover will make the cleanup process very easy.
Best Convertible Car Seat For Infants On The Market.
1. Diono Radian RXT All-In-One Convertible Car Seat.
The Diono Radian RXT Seat is considered to be the best compact convertible car seat and booster. It is made from a steel alloy frame, aluminum reinforced sidewall, a 5-point harness and an EPS foam.
Its’ adjustable headrest is also reinforced and its manufacturer claims it has an additional side impact protection. Its’ headrest has 12 positions that are not related to the shoulder strap height while the shoulder straps have five positions and the crotch strap has three positions.
This small convertible car seat also has a washable seat cover, infant insert, angled cup holder; rubber bottom grips and uses memory foam. The compact convertible car seat is small enough capable of fitting 3 side by side in most of the vehicles.
- It has a slim design that can fit in a backseat.
- The tether can work on either the rear or front facing.
- Can be difficult to install.
- The harness straps can be difficult to adjust
2. Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 Convertible Car Seat.
The Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 is the best convertible car seat for small car that has a stylish and sleek car seat from the Maxi cosi.
It has all the safety features you would expect from compact car seats. It has an air protect side impact protection and fits babies from five to 22 lbs.CLICK TO VIEW CURRENT PRICE ON AMAZON
This compact convertible car seat is known to have and innovative design for their cover fabrics that allows one to remove the cover for easy cleaning without having to rethread the harness straps.
It comes in five different colors and the only one that has solid colors without highlight colors or patterns.
- It is the lightest compact toddler car seat in the market hence one of the most portable car seats.
- The only car seats for small cars that comes in a solid color option with no highlights or funny patterns.
- Has a self-wicking fabric that ensures the baby is kept dry and comfortable.
- This car seat does not fit in many cars.
- It is very narrow which can be too small for the broad shouldered babies.
3. Graco SnugRide Click Connect 35 Infant Car Seat.
The Graco SnugRide was specifically designed for the rear facing infants weighing 4-35 pounds and up to 32 inches tall.
This convertible car seat for compact car is known to meet or exceed the US safety standards
It can always be considered a safe seat that boasts to have been engineered to include side impact testing and being able to withstand the extreme car interior temperatures.
It uses the click connect technology that is Graco newer method to connect the infant car seat to the base. It is also compatible with any stroller that is capable of supporting the click connect standard.
- It is less expensive compared to other many seats.
- The click connect feature assure you that is seat has been properly installed
- It is rigorously crash tested to meet or exceed the safety standards.
- The fabric used is not breathable at all and gets the baby hot.
- The car seat is heavier than other types of infant cars.
- The infant insert will feel flimsy and does not have much padding
4. Chicco NextFit Convertible Car Seat, Matrix.
The Chicco NextFit Convertible Car Seat will provide you with many great features that you will not get in all the car seats. It uses the simply safe adjust T harness system that makes automatic adjustments whenever you are adjusting the headrest height.
It also has an added benefit that any mom would love. The cushioning onto the Chicco NextFit Convertible Car Seat snaps on and off without having to take the seat out thereby leaving you with no excuse to not keeping it clean.
Price wise, this compact car seat for infant is much cheaper compared to the other types of car seats.
- It is easy to install in more vehicles with nine position reclining and the super cinch latch tightened.
- It is known to take less space in the car seat compared to other seats.
- It securely fits babies from four lbs to 65 lbs.
- The fabric used is not breathable and gets hot.
- Most of the reviewers found this car seat hard to transport.
- It is hard to understand the seat belt installation process.
The Britax B-Safe 35 Infant Car Seat will provide support for kids from 4 to 35 pounds.
- It is wide enough capable of comfortably seating the babies up.
- You can easily install it into a car using latch connectors.
- It is an easy click and go system to attach to any Britax stroller.
- There is no bright color options available.
- The materials used might be considered scratchy to the bare skin.
- The forearm carrying with the ergonomic handle might be heavy and bulky.
6. Graco SmartSeat All-in-One Car Seat.
The Graco SmartSeat All-in-One is a convertible car seat that is very practical and can always be used for kids up to 10 years old.
From the 4 lbs to 40 lbs, you can always place your baby rear facing in a harness and change forward to a forward facing harness car seat when your baby weighs between 20 lbs and 65 lbs.
A back belt-positioning booster will be recommended when your child is 30 lbs to 100 lbs and then the backless belt positioning from 40 lbs to 120 lbs.
- It has 5 recline positions that you can use when your child is in the seat.
- It is a machine washable seat cushion, soap and water cleaning in all other parts.
- It has 6 different heights on the headrest from the tiny baby level to a grown up kid level
- The seat weighs 33 pounds and is considered one of the heaviest in the market.
- It is not the connectable type of seat that you will want to pull in and out of the car.
- The crotch straps are usually short.
Any parent will always go for the best compact car seats that will guarantee the safety of their child. There are many types of compact car seats for infants in the market.
The review above will make it much easier for you to get the best car infant in the market.